Monday, May 3, 2010

DONE!


I did it!!

Half Marathon/13.1 mile race COMPLETE baby!

Even though I trained pretty well for it, it was still hard. I am NOT naturally a runner, but have somewhat been forcing myself to be one since the beginning of the year. Towards the end I really thought I was going to puke, and even had to cover my mouth with my hand as I crossed the finish line so I didn't end up puking my guts on any of the spectators. Kind of pathetic, I know...but I finished!! And I did it 10 minutes before my goal time so I ain't complaining. It was hard, but an awesome accomplishment and another thing to check off the list. I definitely want to do more races and even a triathlon in October - but I think it will be a while before I attempt another half marathon. Right after the race me, Ryan, Anna and Daniel ordered two large pizzas and pretty much devoured it all. After which I marched straight to my bed and slept for five hours. Oh yeah, I did shower at some point to...I think.


3 comments:

  1. why would you shower???? why???? im so proud of you for doing that girl! you've inspired me to go order 2 pizzas right now and eat them by myself. im really glad you made sure to put food into your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I'm glad we left the spectator sidelines near the finish line, probably just before you passed by, as that would not be a pretty sight, daughter puking on mother now would it!

    ReplyDelete