Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Don't Worry, Be Happy


I really hate that song. Don't Worry Be Happy. Sorry Bobby, I don't know why but it really bugs me. But it does have a great message even though the song itself doesn't do it for me. It's a great motto - Don't Worry Be Happy!!!

If there's something in your life that you are frustrated with or that you are unhappy about, do something to fix it! Whatever it may be - job, social life, spirituality, relationships, etc. If you aren't where you want to be then make a plan to fix it! And remember, complaining about problems does not make them go away!! So if you find yourself complaining a lot and not doing anything to fix the situation...then just stop. Please stop. There's no use for that and if you're not making the efforts to make it better then you really have no right to complain...right!?!

Although I know that there are many things in life that we have no control over...I feel just as strongly that there are SOO MANY things in life that we do have FULL control over. So most of the time if we are unhappy or frustrated then it is our own problem and it is up to us to find a solution. Beyond that, when things happen to us that aren't fully in our control that frustrate us I still feel like it doesn't give us justification to settle for unhappiness. Because in these cases we always have the choice of how we will react to the situation.

We get a limited time here in Earth. Why spend a second too long being unhappy? Whatever situation you are in, do everything you can to make it what you want it to be, then just decide to be happy. Never ever settle for unhappiness. Make happiness happen. Listen to more Bobby McFerrin or in my case the Beatles...their music always makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment